Plain Cheese Pizza

Sometimes simple is best

I still had bread dough left over from when I baked last Tuesday.  I had intended to bake again on the weekend but didn’t get around to it.   So, I added some of the saved dough to a new batch of bread dough Monday and made a simple plain cheese pizza with what remained.
The crust was even better than one made from dough that has been given  just a three or four day fermentation.

Topped with sauce, cheese and sprinkled with more oregano and hot red pepper flakes.

1. buonissimaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

2. My kids' favorite day-pizza day!xoxo Pattie

3. That looks absolutely delicious, Ann! It reminds me of the pizzas we used to get at the pizzerias in NY when I was a kid!

4. Pam says:

That pizza really looks great. I imagine the dough was better after sitting. It had time to ferment and develop flavor. Now I'm starving!

Your Pizza pics always make me so hungry!Yummmmmmm…………..

6. It looks exactly like my favorite authentic pizzas I had in Italy..Beautiful Ann!

Of all the pizzas I love, it's the plain cheese I love the most. This looks exceptional!

8. thedabble says:

We must be on the same recipe-making wave because I made pizza too (asparagus, mozzarella and spring onion) the other day and will be using the other dough for yours next week! Yum!

9. Nico says:

thanks for stopping by my blog. Your pizza looks really nice. No I realize I eat pizza once a week and never posted a picture on my blog!! I'll do it soon.

10. Anna says:

Wow…you have beautiful delicious food here, loved the wood cutting boards.