Easter Weekend Dinners

I worked Easter weekend so dinners were simple.  We had roast chicken Saturday night.
As I have mentioned before, this is my favourite meal, and it can be ready in not much longer than an hour.   Moe turned on the oven so that by the time I walked in the door from work the oven  was preheated to 500°F  and the chicken went immediately into the oven.

Simple sides of mashed potatoes, rutabaga and peas and gravy of course.

Sunday, I pulled my last Tortiere  (made at Christmas) out of the freezer.

Tortiere is one of the few things I bake and freeze.   But it freezes well and even the pastry was just as good as when it was first baked.   The defrosted meat pie went into a 350°F for about 50 minutes.  Served with leftover chicken gravy and handcut french fries (double fried).

Click here for the recipe  – How to Roast a Chicken – High Heat Method

And here for the Tortiere Recipe

No matter what the occasion it's hard to beat roast chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. Love the roasted rutabagas too…onen of my favorite veggies.

2. mmmmmmmmmm..davvero invitante!!

3. Roast chicken is one of hubby's very favorite meals. And the Tortiere looks delicious!xoxo Pattie

4. Kathleen says:

I love a well roasted chicken for dinner. Yours looks perfect 😉

There is nothing like a good roasted chicken…all of your dinners are always most delicious looking…Moe is a lucky guy!

6. Sarah says:

So smart to make tourtiere for the freezer. Nice meal.

7. Janine says:

I love tourtiere!! Make it every Christmas Eve.!

8. Holly says:

Looks delish:) {both}

9. Yup, nothing better than a roast chicken dinner. I don't think there are many that don't enjoy this meal.Janine, same at our house. It is our tradition to have Tortiere for dinner on Christmas Eve.Sarah, I usually make a couple of extra and I bake them first and then freeze. Ann