Peach Shortcakes

I love, love summer. (I know I’ve mentioned that before). Not only are local corn and tomatoes available, but now peaches are also in season.

I’m not as much of a “fruit lover” as Moe is, but I do love fresh peaches. Fresh not cooked. And, they have to be peeled. I can’t eat peach fuzz. I’m happy with a sliced peach sprinkled with a little sugar and heavy cream poured over top. Last night though I made Peach Shortcakes using my scone recipe for the shortcakes.

I didn’t do much with the peaches. They were just peeled, sliced and tossed with a little sugar.

1. Marysol says:

Double on the yum.WW, I've been all about peaches this summer, particularly white peaches. But, I love all varieties.

2. Robin says:

I often prefer my peaches peeled as well. At the very least I rub them when I wash them to rub off the fuzz. Do you have a serrated peeler? They work on the peach so you don't even need to blanch them.We had friends over last night and they were talking about grilled peaches with vanilla ice cream. I have never tried it but now I cannot stop thinking about it.-Robin

I have never had a peach shortcake (and your scone recipe sounds positively divine for the base!!!). I think I would have liked the peaches a little caramelized, but either way, this is sensational!

You are killing me…they look fabulous!

There is nothing better than fresh peaches, except making a shortcake to go with them. YUM!

6. I'm sensitive for all peach recipes cause we have heaps of peaches in the garden. the combination with the shortcake sounds yummy.

7. 2 Stews says:

Fresh peaches just say summer to me. I agree, they have to be summer fresh. I have never had peach shortcake (or even thought of it), so thanks! Love your pics…so appetizing!!

8. This is a great way to use the abundance of fresh peaches I'm seeing right now…

9. Peach Shortcakes will be repeated a few more times before the season ends. Next time I'll top them with sour cream sweetened with brown sugar and a touch of vanilla. I think I like that topping even better than whipped cream.Thanks for your kind support.

10. Stephen says:

oh yum, those look so good Ann! Fresh peaches are one of my favorites as well, though I do like them cooked in cinnamon-sugar syrup over my \”german\” pancakes.

11. isa says:

Beautiful! Sounds absolutely delicious!