Plan Ahead Pizza

I try to bake bread at least one if not two days a week, on my days off.  This past week I baked 6 baguettes on Tuesday,  and three sourdough baguettes on Wednesday.  I saved enough dough from the sour dough batch to make a pizza. I know I have mentioned it before, but giving the dough a chance to develop over two or three days really does make for a superior crust.

The crust is so good it becomes the star of the show needing nothing more than a few simple toppings.   Last night’s pizza was topped with just sauce, Bocconcini cheese (fresh mozzerella balls) and I had a few mushrooms that I needed to do something with. Sliced thin and sauted they were all we needed.

Our local pizza place does make pizza as delicious as this. This is just jump-up-and-down, I-can't-possibly-wait-one-more-second for-a-bite-of-this GOOD.

2. a quiet life says:

yummy! happy halloween to you too~

3. mmm..adoro la pizza!! molto invitante!!

4. Oh, heaven! Just what I need today – when I am vegetarian!

5. Trish says:

Gosh this looks good…so much better than anything I see locally….can I come over for a visit? Wow…so nice…the photos really do it justice!

Great looking pizza! Homemade pizza is really hard to beat- I'd love a couple of slices of yours!

7. Jo says:

oh wow.. looks incredible… as always..

8. Gorgeous Pizza Ann! That crust really does steal the show, I would love that combination of toppings, too. Almost too pretty to eat. Almost. *grin* xo

Another stunning pizza, Ann. I've been following along with your combinations and suggestions for several months and my pizzas have enormously improved. My family thanks you.

10. Ebie says:

Perfect! I love thin crust!

11. Thank you all for your kind comments. Cathy, Thank you, I love this kind of feedback.Ann

pizza looks amazing, but I looked on your site and cannot find the recipe for the dough?

13. Anonymous, I make my pizza crust out of a couple of different doughs, depending on the bread I've made that week. Julia Child's Baguette dough makes a wonderful pizza crust, especially if you make the dough a couple of days in advance. I knead up enough dough to make two or three baguettes and enough for a large pizza. The pizza dough can be left in the fridge for up to 2 to five days. The longer the fermentation the better the crust.http://www.thibeaultstable.com/2010/01/thibeaults-pizzeria.htmlhttp://www.thibeaultstable.com/2009/04/potato-leek-soup-and-sour-dough-french.html