Dulce Le Leche

Rich and Decadent

Home Cookin Chapter: Recipes From Thibeault’s Table

Dulce De Leche
==============
Preheat oven to 400°F.

Pour one or two cans of sweetened condensed milk into a pie plate.
Cover tightly with foil.

Put plate in larger pan and pour in hot water. (bain marie).

Bake for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Check after first hour and stir.

Milk will become a beautiful dark caramel colour.

Stir until smooth and refrigerate.

I use a stick blender to smooth it out.

Keeps well in the fridge.

1. How do you keep from eating it up by the spoonful????? I\’m salivating here… OMG!!

2. Good question. That is why you should make a double batch. LOL!!!!!

Ann,This sounds liek such a nice and easy way to make this…much easier than the other methods I have heard of.Thanks so much!Just what I need…something else calling me from the fridge!L~xoxox

4. It does sound easy..would it be good on a plain cheesecake too?Oy..this photo could launch a thousnad ships:) Thanks!

5. Sara says:

Ooh, this looks AMAZING! I\’ve never made dulce de leche before, I can\’t wait to try.

6. I found your blog and I will not give it up!!

7. Donna-FFW says:

This is justwhat I needed to know. I have many recipes calling for this and my store here doent carry it. I cant wait to try. I love your blog, just stumbled upon it.. Glad to have met you!

8. Miette says:

So easy… and tasty ! What a good idea ! Thanks so much !Cheers,Miette

I had no idea making this is so easy. I have several recipes that use it but have steered clear of them. Let\’s see…they are in my file someplace.Thanks, Ann.

10. Thank you all.Sue, what a nice thing to say. I hope you will come back to visit.Donna, I\’m glad you \”stumbled\” upon my blog. Miette, nice to see you here again.Sara it really is that easy. And the best part is that it keeps for a long time in the fridge. Of course that is assuming that you can keep the spoon out of it.

Dulce de leche, once you made it , you can\’t leave without it ;)http://kumpulanresepkoe.wordpress.com

12. I wanted to come over and personally thank you for making me feel so welcome to the Darling Bakers. The culinary talents that surround me there is truly inspiring! I look forward to acquainting myself with you over this rewarding journey.I want this dessert…okay I\’ll settle for the recipe to create the Dulce Le LecheSweet Wishes,Sara

13. a quiet life says:

how did i miss this… i bet it will be used with iv drip now…

14. louis luzzo says:

Always a great idea to double or triple the batch and keep in the refrigerator. I learned that the hard way.Thank you for providing yet another technique to prepare this sinfully good sweet!

I'm glad I came across this recipe Dulce de Leche. Ianks fortheank had no idea what it was. I have a recipe that calls for it. Thanks so Much.