Moe loves bran muffins.
I`ve been trying different recipes recently and this one is my favourite. Buttery Date Bran Muffins. The only thing I did different is add a pinch of salt and a full cup of chopped dates. Moe likes his served warm with butter. I like to spread a little cream cheese on mine. Recipe can be found here….https://www.kneadsomesweets.com/buttery-date-bran-muffins/
- 2 cups regular all-bran cereal
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fancy molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup chopped dates or raisins
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. Line muffin tin(s) with muffin liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- Mix together the all-bran and buttermilk in a large bowl and let sit for 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In another large bowl, mix the melted butter, brown sugar, and molasses. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix to incorporate. Add the soaked milk/bran mixture as well as dates or raisins and mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and mix until just combined. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling them to the top with batter.
- Bake in a 400℉ preheated oven for 5 minutes and then reduce the temperature to 350℉ and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!