Rhubarb Pie for Dinner…………..

not as dessert
but as the Main Course

Handwoven Tea Towel from Leola’s Studio
About 3:30 PM I started thinking about the fact that I had nothing planned for dinner.  We had a late lunch and dinner was the last thing on my mind.

I offered to bake Moe a Rhubarb Pie and he jumped at that suggestion.   Luckily I have my rhubarb and Clif’s rhubarb patch to pick from.

I made my regular pastry, using all butter.   Makes for a very flakey crust.

Almost like puff pastry.

The pie went into the oven about 4:30.
Served warm topped with whipped cream.

PRINT RECIPE

My Favourite Pastry Crust Recipe

1. gld says:

Beautiful pie and one of my favorites!

What a gorgeous pie and that crust looks incredible! It really does look almost like puff pastry. Wow!

3. Ann..it's beautiful..I just made one:) Took the photos but have not posted….Mine's a little different this time..every time..but I did make yours once and it was loved too:)

4. Joy Tilton says:

It does look like puff pastry! Oh how I love rhubarb…your husband is the luckiest man on the planet! I bet he already knows that…

Pie for dinner works for me. Rhubarb is one of my favorites. You've got me practically drooling, Ann, and I would eat a big wedge right now if it was in front of me.

6. Ann, as usual, it looks deliciously wonderful!!!!

7. Beautiful pie! The crust looks wonderful! Great dinner:)

8. Jacqueline says:

I am going to have to try that crust – it look incredible. I love rhubarb. Save me a piece!I am with you, when you get to a certain age and you don't have to show the children how they should eat, you should be able to eat pie for supper!!! You go girl!

9. Kathy Walker says:

I think I would like to come to your house for dinner! Rhubarb pie has been a favorite of mine since I was a child.

10. I bow to your genius. Not only pie for dinner – but rhubarb pie. Why haven't I ever thought of doing that? Our rhubarb (commonly known as \”Ruby da Rhubarb\”) has been going bonkers this season and is now bigger than it was when I first cropped it a few weeks ago. Dare I put Rhubarb Pie on the menu as dinner? lol

I noticed how different your crust looked Ann…soooo flaky and beautiful! This is one of my very favorite pies! I love your recipe!Yours is gorgeous!

12. Judy says:

I printed out the rhubarb pie recipe and then searched your recipe index for the pie crust you mentioned using butter. If you are reading these messages Ann – could you direct me to your favorite pie crust recipe in your index. Thanks Judy

13. Thank you for all your lovely comments.Not only did it make a great dinner, but it was a great breakfast too. LOL!Judy, I edited the post to add a link to the pastry recipe. Try using a box grater, large holes, to grate the butter. Makes the perfect size pieces for a flaky crust.Ann

14. Judy says:

Ann, I feel honored with your quick response to my email request. I absolutely love your recipes and links!!!

The pie looks delicious, and that teatowel is gorgeous! I looked on her blog, but didn't see any info on a shop – do you know if she sells her creations anywhere online?

16. Hi Katie, I will pass your inquiry on to Leola. Ann