This Week’s Bread

As you have probably noticed it has become my routine to bake bread on my days off work  This week I spread the baking over two days.   Three baguettes were baked on Tuesday using half a batch of dough.  The other half went back into the fridge and was baked on Wednesday morning becoming four loaves of roasted garlic and cheddar bread. The Roasted Garlic and Cheddar bread was really made for Matthew. It is one of his favourites so I took the two largest loaves down to him yesterday.

Oh my, just when I thought your bread couldn't get any better…. I've gotta have some.

2. davvero eccezionale questo pane!

3. a quiet life says:

gorgeous ann, that cheese is haunting me!

4. Zurin says:

That looks amazingly delicious! is there a recipe? would love to try :))

5. Oh my – that looks so good. I made your French bread yesterday and turned part of the dough into a potato pizza. Great crust!! I need to try adding the garlic – haven't done that yet!

6. Zurin, just use Julia Child's French Bread recipe and just before shaping, spread some roasted garlic over the dough, sprinkle with cheese and roll up and pinch well. I posted the recipe here:http://www.thibeaultstable.com/2009/04/potato-leek-soup-and-sour-dough-french.htmlThank you, Cathy, Lori, Jain , Frederica and Zurin for commenting. Ann

7. Trish says:

Simply gorgeous! Great photography!

8. Miriam says:

Looking at this bread I can only say… WOOOOOW!

Exquisitely photographed and I am positive just as delicious!

I am curious about the recipe you use for this beautiful bread. Would you mind sharing?

11. Monique, I use Julia Child's recipe for French Baguettes as my basic recipe. The recipe is posted here:http://www.thibeaultstable.com/2009/04/potato-leek-soup-and-sour-dough-french.htmlThe garlic cheese bread is easy to make. Just roast a head or two of garlic and grate some cheddar cheese. When you are ready to shape the loaves, spread the garlic over the dough, sprinkle with cheese and roll up and seal. Ann

Thank you Ann! I will try this.

Hello i like to make baguettes bread lookes good my email. dolresm@gmail.com