This Weeks Bread

Sourdough French Bread
 I baked six loaves.  Four Baguettes and two larger loaves.  There are only four in the photos because I gave one away and we cut into one while it was still warm.

I love the crackling sound the bread makes when it comes out of the oven.   The crust “talks”.

It sings my friend…it sings the song of beautiful bread…I love that song!I love your bread!

Ahh another recipe I need! I bought a sourdough crock because my husband loves sourdough bread but I haven't found a recipe yet that suits me.Your loaves look fantastic, wish I could tear off a chunk for my husband!

3. Kathy, if you want to develop a good sourdough starter you can't go wrong with the recipe from AMY'S BREAD\” by Amy Scherber. This is a pure starter using only rye flour and water. Nothing else. Within a week you can have a strong starter and it takes very little maintenance to keep it a live for years. http://www.angelfire.com/ab/bethsbread/sdRyeFlourStarter.html Ann

4. Ann, no one makes more lovely bread than you. It is perfection. Gorgeous photos, too. xo

You're my inspiration, Ann. My loaves are getting better but I have an oh, so long way to go to achieve the gorgeous loaves you prepare. Thanks for the link to the starter. That's next on my list.

You are the master breadmaker in my opinion.

Thank you Ann! I'm going to try it

8. I use your French bread recipe all the time. In fact, I need to make some today. Looks delicious, Ann!!

Ann, thank you for your lovely blog. It's so inspiring. Your bread-making is just a small part, but I always come back to look at your loaves!Amelia