Another Raspberry Cake

I saw a picture of a Raspberry cake on another blog (Sarea’s On Line Recipe Book) and it looked so good I decided to make it. One problem though……… it called for yogurt. Not something I normally have on hand. But I always have sour cream in the fridge. I also made a few other changes.

Home Cookin Chapter: Recipes From Thibeault’s Table

Raspberry Sour Cream Cake

=========================
Edited from Sour cream Yogurt Cake found on Sarea.vox.com

2 eggs
1 cup of sour cream
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 or 2 tsp vanilla extract, to taste.
1 pint of fresh raspberries

9 inch Springform pan. Butter bottom and sides and line bottom with parchment. Butter Parchment.

Preheat oven to 350°

Mix sour cream, eggs, sugar, vanilla, melted butter, oil together.

Combined flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda together.

Mix the flour mixture into the sour cream mixture.

Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with haf the raspberries. Spoon the remaining batter over the raspberries and top with the rest of the raspberries.

Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until done. Test with a cake tester or a toothpick.

Let rest for 10 minutes on a cake rack. Turn cake out of pan, peel off parchment and turn cake up right.

Cream cheese icing

1/2 cup cream cheese
1 to 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
vanilla

Beat together and drizzle over cake while it is still warm.

1. Ann, another beautiful creation. The next time I have overnight guests, I think I'll make this for breakfast. Yum –

I want to come and live with you…

Raspberry perfection!

4. Bunny says:

You make me crazy with everything you make, it's beautiful!!

5. Kathy Walker says:

I tried the Raspberry Sour Cream Cake. It was easy to make and absolutely delicious! It wasn't overly sweet which would make it a good breakfast cake!I didn't have any raspberries so I used blackberries and blueberries. It was great…..just perfect. I will post it later this week.Thank you for sharing!

6. Mawie says:

I did this cake…wow, it is very very tasty. Even with ( very good quality ) frozen raspberries…! Thanks, can't wait to do it with fresh ones and other berries…might even try hot, without this glaze but with 15% country style cream…mmm

7. Mawie says:

I did your cake, wow…so tasty ! and I used very good frozen raspberry ! Can't wait to do it with fresh ones and try it with other berries. I think this cake might even more decadent hot with country style 15% cream…(once in a while…lol…)

8. Rachel says: