I’d been neglecting my Starters.
They hadn’t been fed in about three weeks.
I have two – one fed with white and the other fed with half white and half rye.
Fed them both before leaving for work on Saturday.
The one, fed with rye doubled in less time.
The white needed a second feeding.
So I fed it again around 8:00 pm Saturday night and used some of the excess to make a biga.
The Starter had doubled by 10:30 PM.
And this is what the Biga looked like Sunday morning at 5:30 AM.
I mixed up a batch of dough.
I added the Biga to 1000 g of flour and added 820 g of water and a pinch of yeast.
The dough went into the fridge at 9:00 AM
Moe took it out an hour or so before I got home from work.
And this is what it looked like.
I should have left out the pinch of yeast.
As it was, Moe had to knock it down two or three times during the day as
the dough kept pushing the lid off the container.
As soon as I got home from work, I divided the dough and but half back into the fridge.
I’ll probably bake again on Tuesday.
The other half was shaped into two loaves and some set aside for a pizza.
The pizza was baked first.
Topped with homemade Italian sausage and sauteed mushrooms.
Sliced one of the loaves this morning for toast.