Broccoli, Bacon and Mushroom Quiche

Thank you to Lori of All That Splatters for hosting this week’s Saturday Blog Showcase.
My contribution this week is a broccoli quiche.  I was looking for something that I could make Moe for breakfast and that I could take to work for lunch.   This delicious recipe belongs to Linda of Eating Well … Living Thin.

The fact that this quiche was crustless really appealed to me.

I did make a few adjustments, adding bacon and mushrooms to the mix.   I steamed the broccoli and set it aside while the bacon fried.   The mushrooms were sliced and sauted in the bacon fat, and,then the red pepper strips were added to the same pan and quickly sauted.   The cheddar cheese I used was not low-fat.  And I baked it in a buttered square spring-form pan that was lined with buttered parchment paper.

BROCCOLI-CHEESE QUICHE BITES
Source:  Eating Well … Living Thin
Vegetable cooking spray
2 cups broccoli florets
1/4 cup diced red pepper
4 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Dash cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
Cook the broccoli and red pepper in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes, or until just tender. Place in colander to drain well.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 10 or 12-inch baking dish with the vegetable spray and set aside.
In a large bowl whisk the eggs, salt, pepper, cayenne, and flour until well blended. Whisk in the milk. In prepared casserole spread the broccoli mixture. Layer on the green onions and shredded cheddar cheese. Carefully pour the egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle with the greated Parmesan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set in the center. Serve hot or room temperature. Makes 10 servings.

1. Ann, every time I come to your blog I find the most wonderful recipes! Today for my Saturday blog showcase post I shared your amazing recipe for oatmeal cookies. I have also been looking for a healthy quiche recipe all day and here is a brilliant recipe! You have saved the day again.Thanks and best wishes for a fabulous weekend,Natasha.

2. Rettabug says:

Oh Ann, this one sounds scrumptious! I've got a round spring-form pan & all the ingredients in the house to try doing one. Hubby can just eat around the broccoli…he's not a fan, but I'm making it anyway. Don't be surprised if you see it in my next Sat. Blog Showcase! I seem to want to copy you all the time. 🙂 Thanks for sharing this one.fondly,Rett

3. Looks delicious, Ann! I love that it's so full of vegetables! Beautiful –

4. Pam says:

This looks delicious! All the vegetables are great and the cheese makes them even better! Great photo!

5. Sarah says:

This looks delicious. I agree with the crustless – easier and fewer empty calories. I can only seem to get it together to post with you every second week. Sorry!

6. Teresa says:

This looks beautiful. 🙂 Sounds delicious too.

7. Pam says:

This looks like the perfect dinner too, just add salad. Love all the veggies and so easy too. Yummy!Pam

I'd like to try a crustless quiche, that sounds appealing with I don't feel like making pastry.

Well done, Anne. This is a keeper. Crustless quiche took a little getting used to but we really like it!

I love a good quiche and a crustless one is very appealing. This is a beauty, Ann, and looks soooo delish.

11. Arlette says:

this is one healty quiche, full of nutritons and yummy flavours… a guilt free version… I like this recipe and I am going to try it this week… you always end up with fresh leftover veggies sitting in the fridge. thanks for sharing

Looks delish, often the worst catered quiches are because of the weird crusts. Will be subscribing to your blog now!

13. Janine says:

Sounds like a delicious version!! I love a good quiche!!

14. Marysol says:

Oh dear. Crust or no crust, I'd be in trouble if that quiche were to be placed in front of me.