Grilled Chicken Breast with a Side of Fettucini Alfredo

A quick to make dinner after a long day at work.

This dinner took no time at all to prepare.
While the water was coming to a boil, and the grill was heating,  the chicken was pounded out and rubbed with fresh garlic (pureed on a microplane), Dijon mustard, fresh squeezed lemon juice, salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.

The butter and cream for the pasta was put in a shallow pan with the burner turned to low and left  to reduce and thicken.  Pasta went into the pot and after a couple of minutes the chicken went on to the grill.   The chicken only took about 5 to 6 minutes to cook.

Added Parmesan cheese to the cream mixture, seasoned with lots of black pepper and a little nutmeg , tossed in the pasta and dinner was ready.

Printable Recipe

1. Barbara says:

Love it. But the best thing was your comment about using a microplane for the garlic. Brilliant. Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with me. I would never have thought to do that…I'd just work myself into a sweat mincing and mashing it on the cutting board!

2. Dragana says:

I love the grill marks – I can never get them to be so striking. I love the tip about grating garlic on a microplane – thanks!

3. Thanks for this fabulous quick cook recipe. I also love using the microplane for the garlic – so easy and convenient! Thanks for sharing:)

4. Memória says:

Although using cream in Fettuccine Alfredo isn't the authentic way, I love the addition of that ingredient. YUM!! Your dish looks absolutely tempting and amazing.

5. Rettabug says:

Oh Ann…you make it sound so easy! How do you come up with these winning combos? I am envious of your ability to provide such variety & tasty meals after working all day.

6. Holly says:

One of my all time favorite meals to eat and make!!

7. Barbara, garlic is the best reason to buy a microplane. I bought my first one back in the late 90's just for that purpose. Of course I've added to my microplane collection since then. One of my favourite kitchen gadgets.You are welcome Dragana and Stephanie.Memoria, not sure how authentic cream in a alfredo sauce is, but the recipe is Giuliano Hazan's from his The Classic Pasta Cookbook. I think his mother, Marcella Hazan also adds cream to her alfredo sauce. I've been making it this way for almost 20 years.Thanks Rett. It is nice to have a few quick and easy recipes on hand.Holly, mine too. I should make it more often.Ann

8. Janine says:

I just love your recipes!!