Eggs Benedict with Dungeness Crab

I told Moe that his  breakfast this morning was really  an act of love. Cooking a Dungeness crab, hand picking out the meat, making a homemade Hollandaise Sauce isn’t something that happens often around here.

Last night, a friend of ours, Bud, the same friend that raises the big roasting chickens,  gave us a fresh caught Dungeness crab,  that he had already cleaned.   All I had to do this morning was cook it and pick out the meat.  One crab netted just over 8 ounces of meat.

The crab was so sweet. What better way to enjoy this treat than as Eggs Benedict.

The Hollandaise sauce  is simple to make.  Just beat three or four egg yolks, seasoned with a little fresh lemon juice in a bowl over a pot of simmering water.  Don’t let the bottom on the pot touch the water.  Beat until eggs start to thicken and are getting quite warm to the touch.  Just be careful that they don’t get so hot that they scramble.   Slowly beat in 1/2 cup of hot melted butter.  Season to taste with salt, pepper, cayenne and another squeeze of lemon juice.

1. Oh, this looks decadent Ann! Good friend you have there! I just posted an orange juice based Hollandaise for asparagus, but now you have me craving eggs benedict!xoxo Pattie

You are a lucky girl to live where you do….I miss Dungeness crab so badly…we have Maryland blue crabs here…but they are not the same.Looks wonderful!

this looks so delicious! i love hollandaise and that it is so very easy

4. The photos are outstanding.Bravo..as always.!

It looks like a 5 star meal to me Ann.

6. Breakfast for your king! Looks wonderful Ann.

7. What a gorgeous breakfast treat.

8. How lucky was Moe?!! I love Eggs Benedict made with crab. Beautifully photographed, Ann –

Aren't you lucky to have such a generous friend! Dungeness crab is one of my favorite foods and you've used it in such a beautiful way, Ann. Can't wait to try this awesome dish.

10. Janine says:

Oh my!! You are just the best!! This looks amazingly delicious!!

11. Deana Sidney says:

Does it get better than eggs and crab and hollandaise??? A lovely photo of a great dish… wish someone would give me a crab… and 8 oz… that must have been a whopper!