Wings and Rings

I had a craving for chicken wings.    Normally we would have homemade fries or homemade potato chips with wings, but last night I decided to go
with onion rings.

I grated a couple of garlic cloves on a microplane and then rubbed the garlic paste over the wings.  The wings were placed on a parchment lined baking sheet, brushed with butter and sprinkled with lots of cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Baked in a 500°F oven.

The onion rings were soaked in ice water for 15 or 20 minutes, Dried on paper towels and then dipped in a batter made from  a mixture of flour and cornstarch, salt, pepper, a pinch or so of  baking powder and enough soda water to make a light batter.  Deep fried at 375°F.

1. Big Dude says:

Not many things could be better than wings and rings.

2. Looks like a treat to me..:)

The wings are my favorite part of the chicken. I love all that crispy skin.

Oh yeah baby! That looks like a fabulous treat!

5. Carolyn™ says:

Sure look a good combination 🙂

6. Love how you roll! I loves me some wings & rings – I actually had some yummy wings tonight:) Cheers to a delicious post!

7. Wings and rings, just enough for the super bowl cravings. This would be a great treat for friday nights. Yumminess.

8. CharlesR says:

THE ONION RINGS LOOK SO GOOD.DO YOU HAVE MEASUREMENTS?

9. Charles, 1 cup of flour, 1/4 cup of corn starch, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking powder and enough soda water to make a batter. I like it on the thin side, but you can adjust to suit your own taste.

10. CharlesR says:

I'm sorry this has taken so long but I always forget to check my gmail account.Thank you so much for your measurements.